- In some cases surgery is necessary, more often it is not necessary.
- Increased danger from possible infections and from anesthetic.
- Recovery time is generally 6-8 weeks, plus 6-8 weeks of rehabilitation/physical therapy at 3 to 5 times/week.
- Without insurance patient’s cost for surgery is often over $25,000. Even with insurance, patient’s share of surgical cost is often over $5,000.
Spinal Decompression Facts:
- Relief of acute or chronic low back pain and/or leg pain or numbness, generally within 4 weeks.
- Successful in over 75% to 85% of patients.
- Non-invasive and extremely safe.
- No injections.
- No in-patient hospitalization.
- Cost effective treatment; Usually $50 per treatment and some insurance policies defray a portion of the cost.